Friday, February 18, 2011

Save Money- Home Brew

After visiting the local bottle shop about a year ago, I came to realise how expensive it is just for a couple of beers to go with dinner. I also came to realise that if I spent more time at parties I would probably be completely broke. I decided to explore the option of brewing my own beer, both to save money, and as a hobby. My father had been brewing beer for quite some years, so after consulting him (and th elocal home brew store) I started my first batch. Surprisingly, it was quite good, and extremely simple. After doing some calculations, I realised that being able to make around 20 litres of beer for around about $20, even including the cost of the kit itself, that this was definitely going to save a lot of money, even though I am not a big drinker.

Since I first tried making home brew, I have made several batches, and I am enjoying both the beer and the hobby itself.

For those who are interested in saving money by brewing your own beer, you can check out this site. It goes through step by step how to start brewing, and how to make your first batch. It's very easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment